Day 315 Warm
Today we went up to London to see the Lord Mayors show and unlike many people we were watching in the warm. Peter's company very kindly allow staff to watch from their London office which overlooks Cheapside. However I didn't take any photos as looking down on the parade is not so good for pics. Instead I chose to take our dressing gowns. My mother made mine well over 30 years ago and then Peters a few years later. They are old and getting thin. They clash with the colour of our bedroom but we haven't found anything as warm and snugly as they are and so are reluctant to replace them.
Day 316 Memories
I have so many memories that to chose one to photograph would be difficult. Instead I turned my thoughts to recording memories. I use my scrapping as therapy and as well as scrapping those precious moments I scrap the painful ones. Most of my books are in a cupboard but these two are on the shelf over my desk. One is full of good pretty things and has beautiful ribbons in the rings. The other was made to help me work through a distressing messy time and so has no prettiness about it's decoration choosing instead to have tatty dirty brown fabric. My scrapping helps me lay the bad memories to rest and once I have filed them in this way I am so often more able to carry on with living today.
Today we went up to London to see the Lord Mayors show and unlike many people we were watching in the warm. Peter's company very kindly allow staff to watch from their London office which overlooks Cheapside. However I didn't take any photos as looking down on the parade is not so good for pics. Instead I chose to take our dressing gowns. My mother made mine well over 30 years ago and then Peters a few years later. They are old and getting thin. They clash with the colour of our bedroom but we haven't found anything as warm and snugly as they are and so are reluctant to replace them.
Day 316 Memories
I have so many memories that to chose one to photograph would be difficult. Instead I turned my thoughts to recording memories. I use my scrapping as therapy and as well as scrapping those precious moments I scrap the painful ones. Most of my books are in a cupboard but these two are on the shelf over my desk. One is full of good pretty things and has beautiful ribbons in the rings. The other was made to help me work through a distressing messy time and so has no prettiness about it's decoration choosing instead to have tatty dirty brown fabric. My scrapping helps me lay the bad memories to rest and once I have filed them in this way I am so often more able to carry on with living today.
That's a good thing to admit, I think it is easy to scrap the good moments but as you say it is therapeutic and I sometimes also look back and can remember how I was feeling when I did the layout itself xx
ReplyDeleteI too like to scrapbook the good memories but dont do the 'bad' ones...good idea I can see it would be good therapy.
ReplyDeleteLovely cosy dressing gowns. I had one my mum bought me 25 years ago, but finally had to replace it last year.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea to get through bad times.
ReplyDeleteGosh dressing gowns for so long! They still look like new too xx
ReplyDeleteNever thought about putting bad memories down like that occasionally when doing a challenge for Shimelle I have recorded bad memories but for me prefer not to and would rather scrap happy times. It seems to have worked for you xxxx
I know what you mean with your dressing gowns. I have a T-shirt well over 25 years old but it is so comfortable I refused to throw it away.
ReplyDeleteI never scrapped bad times so far, but I write about them. Whatever works for us is good ! xx