Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 272 Bridge

Today started slowly as Peter decided to take the car in as he had lots of things to bring home.  This meant that he could give me a lift to work giving me an extra 15 mins.  Feeling very relaxed I not only sat and watched the sunrise but had time to photograph it.

This was a lot paler than the real thing but I even had time to play with my camera settings to get a better shot.  The real picture was probably somewhere between the two photos.
How the heck am I going to get a bridge? was my first thought on today's prompt.  Then I turned it on it's head and knew just the photo showing the need for a bridge.  
Many months ago I showed you Peter digging out the side of our house.  Well the hole grew and grew until the whole of the wall was uncovered.  It is now sitting there waiting for the water which has been soaking into the wall for years (if not decades) slowly seeps out.  The hall is drying but not having a sideway is a real pain, not only for us but for our neighbours as we are end of terrace. 
 Even the cat takes his time looking down it before he walks around the edge, which is passable for humans even though it is really only cat size.
 

Thank you for all your encouragement yesterday, I did email the stamp people.  Apparently I should have bought a sheet of foam to mount my stamps on.  So it was partly my fault.  However they have said that if I post the stamps back to them they will mount them on foam for me free of charge.  That is what I call service, thanks again for telling me to email.
The bright object in my bag yesterday was a folder with a circular design drawn on it.


8 comments:

  1. Wow, this sunrise photo ! It must remind you of Africa, doesn't it? You change the tree, put a couple of giraffes and there you are !
    Great idea for the bridge.
    Well done for the stamps, really pleased for you ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, I was right with folder :) Good news about the stamps and a beautiful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Helen.
    I am so glad the stamps have been sorted. It was worth getting back to the firm after all.
    What lovely sunrise photos and I love the ones of the side of your house. I remember my Auntie having problems with damp and they had a ditch round 3 sides of their house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a piece outside like that, but luckily it isn't reallty a thoroughfare and a bigger space.. But 15 years on the extension is being priced and mmmm maybe next spring.. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that is a gigantic pain whilst it drains. Love the photos with the cat :)

    Beautiful sunrise, just gorgeous treatment of it with the settings. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sunrise, you were up early!!
    I like linking the photo a day when possible to what is happening in our lives this year
    Good news re the stamp too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful sunrise! Congratulations for the pictures - I'm pleasantly surprised about them - for your work settings. Bravo!
    Congratulations for the stamps! -
    One should look for his rights! - "Stand up and fight!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are getting your wall dried out. We lived in a house like that once, there was water coming in under the bathroom floor, sitting there in pools! We had a lot of digging and draining to do too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.