Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 77 Music

Thanks for all your birthday wishes, it was a really great day.
I have never been musical but at the age of eleven (I think) the boy I was madly in love with played the guitar.  I was convinced that if only I also played the guitar he would fall deeply in love with me.  My mother smelt a rat but I successfully lied my way through and got my guitar.  It didn't work he still didn't notice me.   I survived though through to my teens when my mother suggested I join a folk club at the church.  Here there were two guys who played the guitar, one I fancied and the other was well, sort of back ground noise.  The one I fancied left and the other one then fell for me at the the same time as I went totally weak at the knees over him.  About 4 years later we were married.  The guitar now gathers dust but was the best investment my parents ever made and I still haven't owned up to mum how many lies I told to get it.
 Still living in the 1970s and 80s one of my favourite radio programmes is Pick of the Pops on Radio 2 each Saturday.  I often listen later in the day on the i player but I rarely miss it.

View my craft blog

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely story about the guitar ! Funnily enough, I was like you when I was young. The number of hobbies I tried just so that this or that guy likes me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison I am shocked, how could you lie to your mother? Love the story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story :) I love the shot too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.