Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 90 Humour

Listening to the radio over the last couple of days there have been so many jokes about whether a pasty is hot or cold and panic buying fuel and first class stamps. My initial thought today was to take a photo to reflect this.  But while for me and many others these things bring a smile to our faces I couldn't help but wonder how much smiling the family of that poor lady who went up in flames while decanting petrol are doing today.  And if my lunch time snack was a pasty would it be so funny that the price could be increased? Maybe not.  So while I am grateful that the great British sense of humour on the whole has triumphed I thought I would take a photo nearer home.
When I first met my husband I was aware that he had a friend who was at university and looked forward to one day meeting him.  However when I did I found myself totally left out of the conversation as it seemed to consist of 'Don't forget your towel' , '42 the answer to life the universe and everything' and if I so much as mentioned mice the two of them would crease up.  Some of you will have guessed by now that, unbeknown to me, my then husband to be was a fan of hitch hikers guide to the galaxy.  I had to learn to play along or I would have had a very lonely life and to be quite honest although I never did get hooked after a while I quite enjoyed it.
So here is a selsction of our humorous DVDs with Hitchhikers on top, where else would I dare put it?

View my craft blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.