Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 208 Infinity

Today started at 5.45 am worth Peter trying to find the live mouse that the cat had just dropped in our bed.  Judging by the way the cat was burrowing through my hair I thought there was a good chance that was where it was hiding and sure enough as I moved it shot out and sat on the duvet deciding what to do next.  Peter saved it having to make it's mind up by catching it and we threw it out the back door quickly shutting it before the cat decided to try and catch it again.  Up until now the cat hasn't caught anything more than a fly we are wondering if we are in for a new early morning game on a regular basis.

My first thought for infinity was the sky. I often wonder what is really up there and how far space goes after it has left our galaxy. My mind just can't get round it but for me space is infinity. So my first photo is the sky, blue and cloudless because I am sure that in years to come we will all remember this summer as a wet and cold one and forget days like today.
My second photo was inspired by Borqna who is so good at thinking up mathematical and scientific ideas.
Here is my eye-shadow compact.  Each eye-shadow is a third of the whole.  Convert 1/3 to decimal and you get 0.333333333333333333333333333333333etc etc in fact you get 3 going on to infinity.

7 comments:

  1. Bravo for a great idea!
    / I am very flattered by your words - thank you!/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good, like the ideas :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow impressive idea with the 1/3s

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a start to the day, hope you dont get any more uninvited guests. Great idea for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... and I complain about my dogs doing weird things sometimes? I really had to laugh about your cat !
    Beautiful sky and well done on the 1/3 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reckon you need a one way cat flap! Urghhhh! Rather you than me..x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL (yes i know its not funny).. mama cat didnt teach your little one to kill the present before bringing it home.. what a great story! i must admit, i dont mind mice but i am not sure i would have been too fond of one taking refuge in my hair.. in your situation, i would have yelled "wait, keep it there, im getting the camera!"
    Love your layout, and what a great story to go with it, i think i would have been so mortified to talk in front of a whole congregation unprepared, i would have fainted there and then!
    I too think of the universe first and foremost when i hear infinity.. but i can quite happily imagine going on and on and on.on on on and what a clever idea for showing us all infinity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.