Thursday, July 5, 2012

Days 186 and 187

Day 186  dangerous
I felt in need of a treat while shopping today but funds were short.  I held out really well until I passed the pork pies.  It was only a packet of Sainsburys basics pies but I could eat and eat them.  They are so dangerous to my waist line.  It took all my will power to freeze the rest of the packet.
Day 187 Empty
I too thought of taking a photo of my purse.  When we first came back to the UK money was very tight and I would put the amount of money for the week in my purse and only use cash so that I could not overspend.  This is a habit which has on the whole stayed with me.  Thursday evening I put any left over cash into a savings pot for emergencies or treats and then put the next weeks money in my purse.  So at change over point my purse is empty.
However in the end I chose to take another food related picture of the empty frying pan and saucepan after we had polished of our dinner.



6 comments:

  1. great photos and well done for freezing the pie, then you can enjoy on another day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes- well done on saving the rest! I should really have tried to make the maltesers last all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. That pie looks yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for cash limits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not worry about your waist line!
    I know diet - Very economical! - Sex and Tea.
    If after one week will not result - then forget about tea!
    ***
    I really like your blog!
    I agree with Jennie Hart - Great idea for cash limits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the way you save your change. A great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.