Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 30 Collection

My first thought for today was my collection of mugs but then I thought of my lace bobbins. One of the great things about making lace was all the pretty bobbins I could collect.  I have them for birthdays, wedding anniversaries, travelling and even one for Haily's comet.  My brother has turned them from wood which I found and others are made from glass and bone.  Of course I could also collect the lovely beads which were needed to add weight to them.
Since stopping making lace I have decided that I will display my bobbins on the wall and also have them in jars along the window sill.  Unfortunately they collect a lot of dust as this photo shows.



View my craft blog

5 comments:

  1. I have friends who make lace they have some lovely bobbins as well. yours are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so special and the round display suits them. I have to google lace made using bobbins because I can't really picture what it looks like. In our country we also make lace using specisl wooden "carved sticks" - perhaps the two techniques are similar. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful collection- such a wonderful talent to have aswell!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.