Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 167 same but different day 1.

Let me introduce Billy Blood Drop to you.  I don't think he has appeared on this blog before but he is very special to me.  My Mum always gave blood and in total I think he gave 75 units. Her local blood donors unit had a supper to thank all the volunteers who had contributed so much.  On each table there was a Billy Blood drop for each person but at the end many people left their new friends sitting alone on the table and went home.  So Mum brought one home for me and one for my brother.  This special little chap reminds me of what a great person my Mum is, one of her complaints about ageing is that she can no longer give blood.
Unfortunately Billy was sitting here in his usual place on my speakers while I was baking this afternoon.

However he did manage to pop down and keep an eye on the saucepan for me.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to have! My daughter is giving blood for the first time next week and I'm so proud of her. She organised it all herself. She did book her dad in aswell- but as he's recently had anti-b's- we've had to postpone his appointment!

    Look forward to seeing what Billy gets up to, over the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE Billy Blood LOL!! What a lovely gift and how can people leave things like this behind. (Sounds like the olympic flames that peeps are selling LOL don't get me started on that! I know now they have bought them but gosh how special they are!!!)

    I have never given blood as I have 'moveable' veins ?? so a problem to give any blood ever!! I think I would have liked to have been a blood donor but alas it was not to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Billy Blood Drop. What a lovely gesture by the blood donors unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello billy blood, now you be careful near that saucepan, it gets very hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Billy Blood Drop :) You are a star chef xxxx I look forward to seeing your antics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.