Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 174 Sunshine

Just over 27 years ago our eldest god daughter was born.  She has brought so much sunshine into our lives and in so many ways is the daughter we never had.  Unfortunately we lost touch while we were abroad but have found her through Facebook since we have returned.
I had sent her our telephone number and yesterday she phoned me up.
She has grown into a beautiful person who has been through so much and come out without bitterness.  We chatted for about an hour and that little bit of sunshine made me so grateful that she is back in our lives and I can't wait to see her when we visit in July.
She would die of embarrassment if I named her or put her photo up so here she is at 5 days old.

5 comments:

  1. Alison, I just loved that little thumbnail pic.. she was gorgeous.. who says they all look the same.. and yes, people are the best sunshine aren't they and we miss their rays sometimes don't we.. well that's how I feel today.. awhh.. so your pic cheered me.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post, Alison.
    My God daughter will be 15 soon and she is also like the daughter we never had. She lives in the South of France and visited us in July 2009 when it was 30 degres. She said it was lovely here but too cold for her in summer !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and so good that you have got back in touch with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, thanks for sharing, I feel all warm for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. /I succeeded to read your post. I am very happy for you - I was very pleasantly./
    Wish you an amazing meeting in July.
    The picture is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.