Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 123 Futuristic

For the last few years Peter and I have ditched the windows operating system off of our computers and started using Linux.  I was so reluctant at first but it was only because I was used to windows.  In the end I was forced to change as the internet cafe I was running got virused and we couldn't afford to get windows reinstalled ( I think the original installation had maybe not been 100% legal!!) and Linux is free.
I put Linux on and all my customers walked because they said it was no good.  I halved my prices and a month later when I put prices back to their original value I had all my old customers back claiming it was a far better system than windows and bringing their mates in with them.
Today we are constantly hearing of organisations (many of them governmental) world wide who are now converting to this free system.  Maybe this is the future?
Here is Peters manual for it.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds interesting. I hate Windows Vista and would love to change it- but the Windows disc we have can only be used so many times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you, heard a lot of good things but very reluctant to change. May be if I had to it would be easier !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If all you use your computer for is word, excell, internet and email you are fine. I also have a good graphics package but if you use a lot of specialist programmes then they won't work. Although more and more are brining out non windows versions

      Delete
  3. a great idea for todays word

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.