The last couple of weeks has been nothing if not fraught. Without going into too many details Mum had complications and went down hill considerably. Photos were the last thing on my mind so the majority of these were taken around the house this evening in an attempt to catch up. They might not be the most appropriate but can I have the prize for the most imaginative interpretation for some of the words.
Day 163 Aged
I was going to do my hands but found that Lynne had beaten me to it. So despite Peter telling me I couldn't photograph him he did allow his hair to appear.
Day 162 Neglected
A screen shot of this blog which has been very neglected.
Day 161 Frayed
I found time to do some decorating and wore my tatty old trousers. Here is the frayed hole in the lag.
Day 160 Vintage
The very first camera I ever owned and it was vintage when I got it.
Day 159 Roadside
Today we had a booklet with 101 insurance companies listed. One was the RAC - ROADSIDE Assistance!!
Day 158 Reaching Up
I did this picture of a giraffe at a children's workshop on a link visit to one of our supporting churches when we were abroad. My Mum had organised the session so it is special picture for me. With his long neck he is definitely reaching up.
Day 157 Sparkle
Actually taken on the day. We had a street party and here is one of our neighbours running round with one of the Olympic torches. It was a duplicate used in planning security for the runners - I think can't remember details now. But it was sparkly.
1am this morning I was in an ambulance with Mum. I finally got to bed at 9.30am. I had 3 phone calls a small doze and got up at 10.30 to shower ready for the party.
My father was admitted to his local hospital at 3am this morning - my brother dealt with him.
Day 156 Colourful
Exhausted today but with Mum asleep most of the day I had time to think about the photo. Here it is my partly decorated hall.
Day 155 Gates
Bill GATES, windows? Although not a fan of this operating system Peter has to study for his Microsoft exams as that is the system used at work and he is an IT tech.
Day 154 In the Distance
Trousers bought for my niece to grow into. Sometime in the distance.
Day 153 Isolated
On the day this photo should have been taken this rose was an isolated bloom on the plant. It is now the only dead bloom as new buds appear.
Alison, I am so sorry you have such a tough time. Let's hope your parents will be better soon and well done for catching up with your photos. Big hugs to you. xxx
ReplyDeleteAhh Alison, I hope that things improve, it can't have been easy time.. hope the time on the photos and blog have give you a bit of 'time out xx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your participation! Interesting photos!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of gray hair. We say - White hair means a lot Lived pleasure!
Have a nice week!
well done on the catch up, sorry to hear about your mum and dad.
ReplyDeleteI love the giraffe picture.