I had always wanted a dolls house and so at least 13 years ago I bought myself one and spent hours decorating and furnishing it. I never got round to making a bathroom or furnishing the lounge but loved every bit of it. When we went abroad I stored it in the loft and was delighted to be reunited with it when we returned. It now sits in my craft room where to be quite honest I ignore it and it gathers dust. I never make things for it now and lately I have got to thinking about giving it to a little girl who would love it. The only problem is it is too delicate to withstand her younger sibling so Mum and Dad are thinking about how to protect it.
I knew that before I give it away I will have to photograph it and today's word was the perfect prompt to make me start.
I knew that before I give it away I will have to photograph it and today's word was the perfect prompt to make me start.
I never had a dolls house either and always wanted one. I also thought about buying one to decorate but the question " where will I put it afterwards " discouraged me ( for now !).
ReplyDeleteAs of TZ, you describe what I felt when I left Taiwan. I also needed to stick to a routine as if I didn't, everything became overwhelming. Strange feeling isn't it ? xx
It's absolutely beautiful. I've always wanted a 'grown up' one - but don't have a nice spot for it to sit.
ReplyDeletethats beautiful- if only my house looked like that....but in a bigger version :)
ReplyDeleteI always had trouble with toys like that, the elder children never got quite the enjoyment with toddlers about and then the moment has passed..I'm waiting to get Ross Brio out for Lilly but I know Lyla will be like a demolition derby! Lovely house.. hope it finds a good home or you fall in love with it again.. x
ReplyDeleteI never had one either and I am about to pick one up this summer from my teamie, who lives in Warrington nr Manchester. She got it to her parents house in Reading last year and I will hopefully meet her to collect it. I shall have such fun playing with it with Xanthe!!
ReplyDeleteOh it is lovely :) xx
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteI first saw the third picture, then the second. I looked at them in detail. I said - what a clean house! There is little furniture - maybe it is new.
Oh, a baby room! Awesome!
But there is something in the upper left corner! Something is wrong!
Then I read the writing! Oh dear - Dollhouse! Fantastic!
It is wonderful!
Good luck!