Day 188 Modern
I just don't do modern I'm afraid. My lounge curtains could be classed as a modern design but I've already ised them as fashion. Not sure if this one will count but I think that distress inks are a realtively modern craft supply so here is one of mine.
Day 189 Past it's Prime
We went to visit my mother inlaw today and she did suggest I took a photo of her. Instead I took one of the old pump in her garden. Although realtively new (ie in the last 30 years) it is past it's prime.
Day 190 Broken
Last week the chair I use for the computer finally gave up the ghost and the last bolt holding it together broke. It was one left by our lodgers that I had lovingly painted and recovered but will probaly be replaced with one from Ikea.
I just don't do modern I'm afraid. My lounge curtains could be classed as a modern design but I've already ised them as fashion. Not sure if this one will count but I think that distress inks are a realtively modern craft supply so here is one of mine.
Day 189 Past it's Prime
We went to visit my mother inlaw today and she did suggest I took a photo of her. Instead I took one of the old pump in her garden. Although realtively new (ie in the last 30 years) it is past it's prime.
Day 190 Broken
Last week the chair I use for the computer finally gave up the ghost and the last bolt holding it together broke. It was one left by our lodgers that I had lovingly painted and recovered but will probaly be replaced with one from Ikea.
Today we celebrated our 2nd anniversary of our return to the UK with a pub lunch out. This little pub was one of the first in the area years ago who started selling draft cider and is definitely one of our favourites. Inside it is all small cosy areas and low beams.
It always amuses us though as it is right next to another pub and they both seem to survive. Although we have never been in the larger of the two it certainly doesn't appear to have the quaintness of the smaller so maybe difference is the key to survival.
Alison I seem to have missed some of your days, sorry. Have caught up now!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being back in the UK for 2 yrs.
I think the cash business is a great way of keeping to a budget, I saw a TV prog about a family doing this, they found it very difficult but at least you know what you spend. We never have cash and I never know how much money I have or spent either!!!
Well done for catching up.
ReplyDelete2 years back, that's a long time. When I came back from Taiwan, it took me ages to get used being back.
sorry to hear about the chair and what a nice way to celebrate 2 yrs back in the country.
ReplyDelete