The plan for today was to visit A Maze of Memories and then to go to Long Crendon Courthouse which was near to the shop. The first part of the day went fine and Peter was very patient while I got excited about craft goodies and even found things for me that I managed to miss in my excitement.
The second part of the day to be honest was a total failure. First of all I had miss read the opening times so when we turned up at 12 expecting to go in we realised that it only opened at 11 on the weekends on a Wednesday it opened at 2pm. So we had our picnic in the graveyard of the church next door, not as morbid as it sounds there was a very nice bench in the shade of some trees, and set out for Waddeston Manor instead. We have seen the house many times as we are national trust members and decided that today we would have coffee and cake and then a wander around the gardens. All went well until we got to the garden centre part. Peter loves foxgloves but when I suggested buying one he just shook his head. We think it was the sun but he was decidedly wobbly. A slow walk back to the car and an air conditioned ride home and he was fine.
This gave me time to have a craft play. The other day I mentioned to Peter that I would like to have a go at making some simple stamps and wondered if he had any scraps of rubber, I was presented with a strip of rubber which had lined his bike wheel. I cut it into multiple strips and mounted it on an old bit of laminate flooring. OK so not the cleanest of finishes but I think it will work on a vintage, distressed layout as journalling lines. It was ideal for today's theme of multiple.
Also ideal for today were the multiple bottles of Distress Ink I bought. I am slowly falling in love with Tim Holtz Distress products and it would have been rude not to buy anything from the shop.
The second part of the day to be honest was a total failure. First of all I had miss read the opening times so when we turned up at 12 expecting to go in we realised that it only opened at 11 on the weekends on a Wednesday it opened at 2pm. So we had our picnic in the graveyard of the church next door, not as morbid as it sounds there was a very nice bench in the shade of some trees, and set out for Waddeston Manor instead. We have seen the house many times as we are national trust members and decided that today we would have coffee and cake and then a wander around the gardens. All went well until we got to the garden centre part. Peter loves foxgloves but when I suggested buying one he just shook his head. We think it was the sun but he was decidedly wobbly. A slow walk back to the car and an air conditioned ride home and he was fine.
This gave me time to have a craft play. The other day I mentioned to Peter that I would like to have a go at making some simple stamps and wondered if he had any scraps of rubber, I was presented with a strip of rubber which had lined his bike wheel. I cut it into multiple strips and mounted it on an old bit of laminate flooring. OK so not the cleanest of finishes but I think it will work on a vintage, distressed layout as journalling lines. It was ideal for today's theme of multiple.
Also ideal for today were the multiple bottles of Distress Ink I bought. I am slowly falling in love with Tim Holtz Distress products and it would have been rude not to buy anything from the shop.
I looked at your work under a magnifying glass! Excellent! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete/ I laughed - really great idea with these prints with Tim Holtz ink! I love it!
I study constantly from all of you! /
it looks a lovely shop, i usually get too overwhelmed and excited and end up not buying anything...I like to take my time and browse so buy online. Pleased Peter was better quickly after his wobble and well done on having a go at your own rubber stamps, looks great
ReplyDeleteThat's what my daughter would call real scrapbooking.. she saves me ribbons and wrapping stuff to use for free and once I even photocopied a teeshirt pattern which was used in a layout of Lilly wearing the same tee shirt x
ReplyDeleteLovely!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about it being rude not to buy the Tim Holtz inks. I feel just the same when I go into a craft shop.
ReplyDeleteWell done !
ReplyDeleteYes TH stuff is great :)
ReplyDelete