Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 193 to Day 204

Big catch up time now.  I have been on holiday for the last week and there were two days before I went that I knew what I was going to photograph but never got round to it so here goes.
Day 193 Cold
My shoulder had been playing me up no end so this evening saw me with a cold pack strapped to my shoulder trying to alleviate some of the pain.
Day 194 Motorised
Not sure if this is really motorised but it's the hard drive from Peter's computer which is sitting on his desk



We hired a canal boat for a week and had no internet so I just snapped away with various layouts in mind. I have sorted through the photos I took on each day and chosen the one which best matches the word. All photos were taken on the right day but the links are quite tenuous in some cases.

 Day 195 flower
Not really a flower but this was taken just after we had picked up our canal boat. There was a light drizzle but we had waterproofs and were not down hearted

Day 196 motion blur
OK so how on earth do you get motion blur when you are crawling along on a canal boat. The nearest I came to this was the photo I had taken of Peter topping us up with water. The tap was a two way one and so he needed to put his thumb over one side to force all the water into the hose to the boat. The motion is where it is squirting out from the top of the hose.

Day 197 literature

We actually did a lot of reading while we were away but none of my photos for this day showed our books. This shot of the inside of the boat does however show the literature provided for us by the hire company on the table.

 Day 198 hero
Today was the bad day of the week. It rained all day and we couldn't find water and then we realised that we had gone past the winding hole but still needed to turn the boat so it was a long wet slog to the next junction where there was room to turn. Peter was very patient through it all and allowed me to be grumpy and then made me laugh. Definitely my hero for the day.

Day 199 busy
I thought this one was going to beat me but then found this photo. I did most of the locks but every now and then I was brave enough to try and get the boat into them while Peter was the energetic one.

 Day 200 airborne
Nothing that I took today could really be counted as airborne so I used my favourite photo of the day. It had been raining but was actually a lovely sunny spell when I took this one. You could always say that the fish would be airborne as they were put into the nets.

Day 201 cheese
Definitely lucky on this one. Most of the time we ate on the boat but this particular afternoon we had treated ourselves to afternoon tea out with a piece of cheesecake.

Day 202 matched pair
While abroad my trainers went into storage. On our return I wondered why I had bothered keeping them as they were really tatty. SO for two years I have been meaning to replace them. This holiday they got wet and dried only to get wet again over and over. By the end of the week they quite simply stank - could easily have used them for the cheese photo. So in order to make sure that I actually got round to buying more I binned them when we got back to the boat hire. But before I could do that I had to photograph them as surely a story about them could one day be scrapped.


Day 203 three's a crowd
I didn't really take any proper photos today as we were travelling. However I had been inspired while away by an article in scrap365 about inspiration and so if I saw interesting designs on coaches or lorries on the motorway I snapped them. It was the triangles on the back of the coach that prompted this photo. I'll probably never use the inspiration but it gave me a photo with three main vehicles in it.

Day 204 one
One very messy garden which is in need of a lot of work after being neglected while we were away.

5 comments:

  1. Well done, Mary! Great hits!
    I missed you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on the catch up, looks like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effort and we did a canal boat trip once.. definitely same old same old and not much changes but it is very laid back and probably just the break you needed x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your shoulder, Alison.
    It looks like you had a good holiday though and you took some great photos.
    I've always fancied going on a canal boat, might try it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the catch up. Hope you shoulder will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.