On Wednesday a chair that I had ordered from Ikea arrived. I assembled it but left putting felt on the feet (to protect the floor) on until yesterday morning. As we seem to have mislaid or run out of proper felt pads I improvised and made my own from craft felt using super glue to stick them on. I left the chair upside down until they pads were dry and then used it. Yesterday as I got up from my computer having posted here I tried to push the chair under the desk and found that it had stuck to the floor. I tried lifting it and the laminated floor lifted with it. In the end I decided to try and slice through the felt hoping that my craft knife wouldn't go into the floor. While doing this the chair decided to free itself but did leave the felt stuck to the floor with glue that was still wet. Nail polish remover cleaned the floor up quite well and I heaved a sigh of relief.
During the hols I ma doing housework and gardening in the morning so that i can craft in the afternoon. One of this mornings jobs was to remove some brambles and an Ash tree suckling from in our laurel hedge. When the hedge was here when we moved into the house but we have planted other shrubs in the hope of creating a wildlife haven. While removing the offending plants from the centre of the hedge I came across some wonderful wildlife and taking these photos gave me great joy.
Crumbs! I bet the word 'oh joy!' was said in two ways.. once with a sigh when it stuck and again when it was cleaned up!! x
ReplyDeleteI am sorry but I had to laugh at the chair episode. I love doing DIY but that's exactly the kind of thing that would happen to me. Glad you sorted it out in the end.
ReplyDeleteWe have felt pads on all our chairs, my husband is obsessed! love your nature photos, so good when you stumble upon something unexpectedly.
ReplyDeletelovely photos and pleased you got the chair unstuck in the end.
ReplyDeleteAlison, I too laughed...sorry!! Don't work too hard will you xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat fab photos, i love the first one especially :D A good idea to do chores first, worst first as my first boss sagely advised me, it's never seen me wrong xxx
ReplyDeleteI also laughed at the way you told us about the chair. Iknow it wasn't at all funny at the time and I am so glad you managed to get the glue off the floor.
ReplyDeleteI love your wildlife photos