This morning I went to visit one of my Pakistani ladies who I teach English to. She was unwell and so I stayed to help with the children. As Ide is approaching they had henna in the house and the eldest girl asked if she could decorate my arm, I said yes. This simple act then grew so that one of her younger sisters decorated my other arm with henna and her youngest sister and elder brother did my nails(one on hands and one on feet). Then without thinking I allowed the two girls to decorate my legs and feet with henna. It was only when they had finished that I realised I would now be unable to wear my shoes until the henna had dried and been washed off. I Walked home barefoot carrying my shoes. As it was on smooth pavements or grass all the way my feet didn't suffer but I did wonder what people who drove by me thought?
I am hoping that when it dries and is washed it will be a bronze colour.
I think you can work out which leg the elder child did!!
Poor Billy gave one look at my nails and thought that he would be called upon for a transfusion. Maybe a bit more practise was needed with the polish.
Needless to say straight after I had got in a parcel was delivered and I had to sign for it with these wonderful hands. I'm now going to find my nail polish remover.
I had to laugh so much. That's the kind of thing that happens to me all the time: Do first then think.
ReplyDeleteAlso the postman must have wondered whom you murdered ! xxx
LOLolololol xxx
ReplyDeleteoh bless, what we do for kids :) love the decorations. I went to the door to sign for a parcel this morning (not nail varnish though) saying nooooo....I explained to him we were trying (very trying) to do fractions, lol
ReplyDeleteLove your post today!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes I meant Ally Pally. I am not sure if I go, I just thought it might be a kind of "central point" for several 365ers to go to and then meet and also a nice day of looking at crafting goodies !
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you and the children had a great time.
ReplyDeletewell i think the girls did a splendid job in jazzing up your legs! love the design!! and what a fascinating job you have, something i would enjoy doing too!
ReplyDelete