Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Days 292 to 297

Oh dear where have the days gone.  Here is my catch up.
Public Transport
As once again I was home before I saw the prompt and so here is my London Transport Oyster Card.
Black and White Landscape
While abroad a friend visited us and took a photo of my favourite view, that of the road out to our village.  The next Christmas we received this wonderful oil painting in the post.
Black and White Portrait
One of the presents presented to us when we left Tanzania was an oil painting of Peter, based on an official photo he had had taken, hence the lack of glasses and rather stiff pose.  At this point we had no weight allowance left and had shipped our other goods.  The picture was in a heavy frame with glass and had been framed while the paint was still damp.  This meant that it had to remain in the frame.  We were determined to bring it home and were lucky enough to find another expat who was returning with an empty suitcase.
Black and White Close Up
I love traditional blue and white wedgewood.  I inherited my grandmothers as well as having some which was given to me for my 21st birthday.  Here is a close up of one of my boxes.
Black and White Repeating Pattern
I spent ages knitting this jumper but since my hair has gone grey I'm really not sure that the colour suits me so it's time for it to go to the charity shop.
Black and White Family Portrait
Peter flew to Glasgow this morning so I am a family of one tonight.  I cheated today as I love black and white and one other colour.  I couldn't resist leaving the colour of my in the photo.


6 comments:

  1. great photos, well done on the catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one day later and I would have been alone with the girls ! Well done on taking your photo anyway even if Peter was away.
    Love his portrait. Very beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post today, well done Mary!
    It was really interesting to learn all this! How each picture has its own story! I love landscape and portraits - yours and that of Peter. Like the relief of this box. All this brings tone peace and joy. Thank you!
    Congratulations on an excellent catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour on the last one, well done on the catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got the picture back home, we once brought a F1 pedal car back from a holiday in Portugal.. We were big Damon Hill fans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Alison, like the photo of you xxxx
    Well done on catch up too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.