Sunday, October 28, 2012

Days 300 to 302

Day 300 Orange
Today after school I went to visit my muslim friends for Eid and they painted my hands with henna.  Technically it was brown but it was a very orange brown and so I thought it qualified for todays photo.
My left hand was done by the eldest daughter and it was so good to see how she had grown in skill and confidence since she last painted my hands (remember the dripping red nails!?!)
My right hand was more detailed but it was done by an adult with far more practise.
 Day 301 Crooked
Today was scrap crop day and there were lots of goodies on sale.  I already owned one of these boxes of little alphabet stamps and loved them so much I couldn't resist these two new styles as they were only 99p a box.  How do they fit today's word?  Well the letters aren't 100% square on the stamp so you are never sure of the angle that your letters will come out but if you design your lettering so that it is purposefully not in a straight line (ie crooked) it looks great.
 Day 302 Dark
I tried taking a photo in the dark but with the flash it didn't look dark and with no flash it was a black mess.  I them went through several dark objects until I spotted this bag.  It had caused chaos as it fell off my shelf an knocked my embellishments )which had wet paint on them) onto a new piece of 12x12 paper.  And it's dark.

3 comments:

  1. i too have some of those alpha stamps, they are great arent they. love the decoration on your hands too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Allison. Yes your hands look much better, I remember last time and also you had to walk back home barefoot as it wasn't dry! Love your little stamps. 99p ? That's a real bargain ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long do you keep the painting on your hands?

    I too have those stamps, I forget I have them, probably don't use them cos yes they can look crooked and that isn't me!!!

    Dark was difficult wasn't it, well done on persevering!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.