Today has been a busy day. Peter dropped me off in the town on his way to work and then when I got home I did the ironing followed by planting some herb and bean seeds. I then stripped some more wall paper this afternoon.
My brother has heard from Mum to say that the hospital has sent her home. She is still very wheezy and Dad often expects to be waited on hand and foot. My brother and I had wanted her to stay with one of us until she was better. I cannot be strict with her but my brother can and he is phoning up this evening to check that Dad isn't putting pressure on her.
Anyway for today's word, elegant. My first thought was I wish I was elegant. I love pretty things but always feel a bit clumsy. My first photo is probably more lady like than elegant. It is picture I have on the wall of my craft room. Can you imagine mountain climbing in these clothes? and carrying that ladder half way up a mountain as well. Each time I look at it I am in absolute awe of the effort people used to put into outdoor pursuits without dropping the expected standards of dress and behaviour.
My second photo is sheer elegance and I spotted it accidently on my way back from the compost bin this afternoon.
My brother has heard from Mum to say that the hospital has sent her home. She is still very wheezy and Dad often expects to be waited on hand and foot. My brother and I had wanted her to stay with one of us until she was better. I cannot be strict with her but my brother can and he is phoning up this evening to check that Dad isn't putting pressure on her.
Anyway for today's word, elegant. My first thought was I wish I was elegant. I love pretty things but always feel a bit clumsy. My first photo is probably more lady like than elegant. It is picture I have on the wall of my craft room. Can you imagine mountain climbing in these clothes? and carrying that ladder half way up a mountain as well. Each time I look at it I am in absolute awe of the effort people used to put into outdoor pursuits without dropping the expected standards of dress and behaviour.
My second photo is sheer elegance and I spotted it accidently on my way back from the compost bin this afternoon.
What an amazing picture. We went to the Heights of Abraham last year and the 'gentle' folk used to go on trips up to the Heights- until they built a cable car. But they had similar photos- and they even went down into the caves in buckets dressed like that!
ReplyDeleteGreat picture, yes. Imagine horse riding that way too !
ReplyDeleteAnd riding bikes!!! Your Tulip does look elegant
ReplyDeleteFascinating photo with the ladder. I'm impressed she posed half way - must have been there a while to take the shot in those days.
ReplyDeleteI agree tulips are a very elegant flower.