Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 115 Tower

I've had a couple of days to catch up with today but have had a bit more time than I had banked on as one of my Pakistani ladies was not at home when I turned up for her lesson.  With the extra time I managed to mend my wardrobe door lock.  The other morning it decided that it was not going to shut and it has been driving me crazy swinging open.  Peter has been thinking about how to mend it.  I decided that it was broken so I could do no more harm and took a screw driver to it.  When it was in pieces I prodded it from different angles with the screwdriver and lo and behold I eventually prodded it right and it now works.  Maybe not as skilled and technical as Peter would have approached it but I've saved him a job (Yes I do believe he would have done it) and it works.
Having had a time catching up on photos (honest I thought of my subject on the right day) the obvious tower for me to photograph was my tripod.  It is one of Peter's cast offs but it is so useful even if it does take me relatively ages to get the height right because the legs aren't modern and quick release.

4 comments:

  1. Well done for the DIY job. I enjoy doing that too.
    I also have such a tower, I bought it before going to Africa together with big lenses as I wanted to take animal pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea- my dh has the tripod here though!

    I have to threaten to try to mend things myself to get dh to tackle some of them. I must have a reputation of being a bit heavy handed with the diy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good thought, and a productive day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.