Just recently I have had several moments of 'Oh my goodness I am becoming more English.' Since our return form Tanzania I have struggled to settle back here and many times longed for what I have left behind but slowly bit by bit I am thinking like an English person. At first my thought of flag was the Union Jack I have in the loft but I was too lazy to climb up there just for a photo.
Then after emailing a friend back in Tanzania I remembered a little scrap book I did a couple of years ago where I took fifteen words that summed the country up and a photo to illustrate each word. Using black card as a background for each page I embellished each photo using only yellow, blue and green card. Black, yellow, blue and green are the colours of the Tanzanian flag and the simplicity and cheapness of the book represented the country. So instead of a flag here is the binding of the book, symbolically flying the flag of a much loved country even though I am more English by the day.
The fifteen words I chose were:-
laughter
Soda - as in fizzy drinks
Corruption
Blue Skies
Noise
Tough Meat
Soap
Mzungu - meaning foreigner
Fear
Poverty
Security
Sweaty Bodies
Hospitality
Religion
Wide Open Spaces
Then after emailing a friend back in Tanzania I remembered a little scrap book I did a couple of years ago where I took fifteen words that summed the country up and a photo to illustrate each word. Using black card as a background for each page I embellished each photo using only yellow, blue and green card. Black, yellow, blue and green are the colours of the Tanzanian flag and the simplicity and cheapness of the book represented the country. So instead of a flag here is the binding of the book, symbolically flying the flag of a much loved country even though I am more English by the day.
laughter
Soda - as in fizzy drinks
Corruption
Blue Skies
Noise
Tough Meat
Soap
Mzungu - meaning foreigner
Fear
Poverty
Security
Sweaty Bodies
Hospitality
Religion
Wide Open Spaces
great idea and an unusual flag
ReplyDeleteYour 15 words are powerful. Fortunately and unfortunately they can describe many african countries.
ReplyDelete