Not having any children of my own to pinch ideas from I started thinking of what would symbolise my own childhood I thought of the endless sunny summers and playing in the garden and my lovley bedroom where I could hide away. Then I remembered colouring in. I loved my beautiful new packs of felt tips and pencils and could spend hours colouring in. Not only colouring books but I used to love colouring diagrams for school work, and I still do. So much so that a few years ago when we were in the UK I went online and bought a book similar to one I had as a child and sat and coloured the pictures.
I still get a thrill from a new pack of felt tips or pencils and I still have and use the paints I had as a child, although many of them have dried up and need a bit of encouragement.
I still get a thrill from a new pack of felt tips or pencils and I still have and use the paints I had as a child, although many of them have dried up and need a bit of encouragement.
View my craft blog
I used to love colouring in as well. I remember making my own dolls to dress and their clothes
ReplyDeleteI think we all need things to enjoy and I still love colouring in as well. Amazing you still have some paints from childhood though. I am impressed.
ReplyDeleteI love that aswell- love all your supplies. I remember my best friends husband sitting and colouring in a page in the girls colouring book- and he had a whale of a time!
ReplyDeleteI still have a passion for coloring pencils. I love the way they smell and I hardly can resist buying them.
ReplyDelete