Today we decided to go out to Claydon House. Last year we treated ourselves to life membership of the National Trust. We have several properties near us and decided that if we were going to get our money's worth from life membership we had better not dither any longer.
Armed with my camera I was on the look out for girly things. There was a great clothes exhibition and while the clothes were male they were very orante and girly, but I wasn't allowed to take photos of them. There was a wedding in the grounds but I never saw the bride so another photo oportunity gone.
However in one room I spotted this book.
My mind immediatly though that looks as if it's waitng for things to be put in it. I read the spine which said portfolio scrap book. Unfortunatley there was no date and it obviously hadn't been filled, but I was thirlled to find it.This wonderful piano was painted up in very girly colours. The photo fooled me for ages as it kept coming out black with a warning that there wasn't enought light. Peter then noticed that I had knocked the camera settings. Good job one of us can see what is in front of us!!
In the courtyard there was this great little shop. I would have loved to take a photo indoors of all the beautiful jewellery and sculptures but didn't even ask as people aren't usually that keen to have thier work photographed. But there was a lot of girly stuff inside.
We've just had our new cards through- and we must make sure we use them this year. I love looking around the properties. That piano is stunning!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a beautiful place to visit ! Love the piano too !
ReplyDelete