Monday, August 13, 2012

Days 225 and 226

Yesterday I went into Sainsbury's to buy a puzzle book.  They had two little books, one was number puzzles and one word puzzles.  I wanted the number one and took it to the self service checkout.  The scanner kept coming up with an error message.  I called for help and he tried the word puzzle book and it worked.  He suggested that I take the number book to an ordinary till where once again the till refused to accept it.
At this point they made sure that I was actually trying to buy something which Sainsbury's stocked.  Would I really take something from one shop and try to pay for it in another?  In the end it was decided that even though Sainsbury's are in the business of selling goods to customers and I had the money to buy the book which clearly had the price marked on the cover they were unable to sell it to me.
Day 225 Exhaustion
We are really lucky where we live as each Sunday in July and August the council puts on a free concert in the park.  If we are around we pack a picnic and after church we have a lazy time reading in the park and then enjoy the concert.  The music isn't always what we would choose but the lazy atmosphere is really enjoyable.  Plastic chairs were put out but we chose to sit a bit further back on our blanket, meaning that we could lie back and doze to ensure tha exhaustion didn't over take us.  
Sorry really weak link but here is the Latin group which were playing.


Day 226 Silver
Total cheat today.  Here are the off cuts still lying on my desk from my golden stars which I used the on day 224 for Gold.

4 comments:

  1. Last time this happened to me, it was with a dog toy at Asda. They said that if they couldn't scan it it was clearly their fault so they offered it to me ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how silly about the books...I think a call to head customer services is called for. I love the silver offcut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stories. I can't believe Sainsburies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that is exhaustion! We have a name for it at tesco, not on file. sometimes it's because the buyer has forgotten to add it to the price system, sometimes there is a legal reason why we can't sell it. Now i'm exhausted describing it.

    Love the free concert idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.