Today I am going to go with my first thought, my wedding rings.
My gold ring was chosen by me as an idealistic 19 year old who believed in the happy ever after. While living in Tanzania I was unable to wear it for a while as there were armed thieves in town so I wore a cheap ring instead. This cheap ring was destroyed when I rolled our land rover over. So as a far more realistic 40 plus year old I bought this silver ring on Zanzibar.
I now wear them both and for me these not only mark the change in me over the years but make me so grateful that no matter how I have changed I am still married to the same lovely man. It hasn't been the happy ever after I dreamt of at 19 but 31 years on I am grateful for every minute.
My gold ring was chosen by me as an idealistic 19 year old who believed in the happy ever after. While living in Tanzania I was unable to wear it for a while as there were armed thieves in town so I wore a cheap ring instead. This cheap ring was destroyed when I rolled our land rover over. So as a far more realistic 40 plus year old I bought this silver ring on Zanzibar.
I now wear them both and for me these not only mark the change in me over the years but make me so grateful that no matter how I have changed I am still married to the same lovely man. It hasn't been the happy ever after I dreamt of at 19 but 31 years on I am grateful for every minute.
View my craft blog.
Sorry, tried to leave a comment and it posted twice. When I tried to remove one, it deleted both. Having messed up totally, I was simply trying to say - what a lovely story, it's so good to hear of happy marriages.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely story behind your pretty rings. I love the photo.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing story - I love the photo.
ReplyDeleteMy ring is inscribed inside; Noel 1932...it was my father-in-laws wedding ring. He was a slightly built man and it fits me perfectly without any alteration. He might have been slightly built, but he didn't hang about...my husband was born in September 1933!
ReplyDeleteI love your photo. Such special story and words.
ReplyDeleteOh you made me shed a tear..
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo and beautiful story. I love that there are people around who like me still believe in the beauty of mariage.
Inside our rings is written: Forever and a day.
I only just passed my 10th anniversary, but I know it's for life. xx
Aw, what a lovely story and a great photo.. S xx
ReplyDeleteLovely story and a fabulous photo! x
ReplyDelete