Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14 Guilty Pleasure

Oh dear where do I start?
Should it be the new moulded sink waiting to be put in.  It is a real luxury and probably not really necessary.  Should it be that the hoover has remained in the cupboard this week and the dust has mounted up while we have workmen in?
Then I hit on it.  The stollen which we pigged out on last night and will continue to do so today.  I cannot resist cake and biscuits if they are in the house.  Self control is so very very hard in this area and can only be achieved when a new wardrobe is imminent.

View my craft blog.

7 comments:

  1. Hmm, could so easily be mine as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many guilty pleasures can a person have? I can agree with everyone while reading today's posts. Totally agree with you about self control - cakes and cookies and biscuits and cupcakes are just too yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't got a sweet tooth, but I am partial to a little stollen, especially if it should have a log of marzipan running through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy and I may want to try some... likes it has fruit and some other yummy stuff in it... but can you please tell me what it is? is it cake or bread? What is in it? how do you make it? i love to bake.... I got a Kitchen Aid Artisan stand mixer for Chistmas and it is aching to be used. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that this was a present. I did try and make it once and I used a current bun mix wrapped round a roll of marzipan. If you Google stollen you get a couple of recipies.

      Delete
  5. Not much will power in this house either unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them all.